Head of International Tax
Miles is Head of International Tax at Andersen Tax in the United Kingdom. He advises privately held multinational companies, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals on a wide range of cross border tax issues, including:
- Holding company structures
- Intra-group financing arrangements
- Intellectual property licensing and exploitation
- Corporate reorganisations and pre-disposal planning
- Structuring real estate transactions
- Domicile and residence and the remittance basis of taxation
- Pre-immigration planning
- Offshore trusts, foundations and hybrid entities
- Double tax treaty interpretation
- Tax investigations and voluntary disclosures, including disclosures and settlements under amnesty regimes.
Miles’ focus is to forge lasting relationships with his clients and provide them with bespoke, commercially robust solutions.
He is the co-author of International Tax Systems and Planning Techniques (Sweet & Maxwell) and The Principles of International Tax Planning (Corpus) as well as numerous articles published in the tax press. He comments regularly on tax issues in the national press and on TV and radio.
Prior to joining Andersen Tax, Miles was Managing Partner of a specialist international tax practice that he founded in 2008.
Miles is also a Trustee of Regain, the charity for sports tetraplegics.